Welcome to the ABYC Adult Sailing Program!
The Alamitos Bay Yacht Club is proud to announce that we are partnering with the International Tempest Fleet at ABYC to offer a premier Adult Sailing Program that offers private lessons in a fun and exciting 22-foot keelboat.
2020 Offers Students
Four 4-week sessions/classes
Consecutive Saturdays (where applicable)
Course Overview and Introduction
See Registration Benefits section for more information!
2020 Program Schedule
April 11 - May 16 (no class May 2)
July 1 - August 5 (no class August 1)
September 2 - October 7 (no class September 26)
About the Program
As a Yacht Club primarily made up of sailors, ABYC knows that laying the right foundation will set you up to become a lifelong sailor. Working with the Tempest Fleet, ABYC has developed a premier teaching program that is designed to make our students successful. Students will have four full days of instructional time, including about 10 hours of private, one-on-one sailing with their instructor on the water. This class is open to all ABYC Members as well as non-member parties that have an ABYC Member sponsoring them.
Alamitos Bay Yacht Club & Long Beach Harbor/San Pedro Bay, the best place
on this coast to learn how to sail.
Taking ABYC's Adult Sailing Class provides benefits beyond just the instruction. Upon successful completion of the program, students will:
- Obtain an ASA 101 Basic Keelboat Sailing Certification from the American Sailing Association
- Have a one-year membership in the American Sailing Association
- Receive the American Sailing Association's Official Certification Log Book
- Receive the American Sailing Association's textbook "Sailing Made Easy"
- Receive a copy of US Sailing's publication "The Rules in Brief"
- Group and 1-on-1 instruction on land
- 1-on-1 sailing with instructors for the entire course
Non-member students with Member Sponsor - $875/session
ABYC Member students - $450/session